Are you looking for your internship during your Computer Science (or related) Bachelor’s or Master’s? MigraCode is looking for YOU! We are looking for someone who can help us improve and upgrade our curriculum, while also helping our school with technical education and supporting our students. The internship period can be between 6 and 12 months.
What is your profile?
- Enrolled or graduate of an accredited college or university working towards a degree in an IT, Computer Science, or Statistics-related field
- Tech-savvy: You are able to pick up new systems and applications quickly
- Excellent communication skills: You will be expected to be cross-functional
- Self-motivated: You take initiative and look for ways you can help other team members
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language, or a willingness to learn
What additional skills are an advantage?
- Some machine learning experience is a plus
- Some experience with Business Intelligence tools a plus
- Teaching experience and creating educational content is plus
- Some experience with Python or similar programming language
- Some experience with cloud computing (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- You speak Spanish and/or Catalan
What will be your tasks?
- Creating and developing new content for our curriculum
- Co-designing and supporting the final projects of students
- Teaching and supporting in class activities
- Co-developing additional courses next to our web development course
- Co-managing our volunteers and students together with our Educational Manager
- Any other (technical) tasks you’d be interested in doing or that are required by your university
What are the practicalities?
- The internship period can be between 6 and 12 months
- Ideally you live in Barcelona, but a remote internship is also possible
- We are not able to pay you a salary, but we can work with Erasmus+ for you to find financing (see further below)
What will you learn?
- You will develop/extend your knowledge about (advanced) web development
- You will gain valuable teaching and educational experience
- You will directly contribute to upskilling our students and with that help them improve their lives
- You will gain experience in working in the nonprofit sector
- You will be exposed to various companies we work with from the tech sector
- You will learn how to work with people from vulnerable backgrounds
So… How to apply?
We highly recommend you to apply for Erasmus+ scholarship for this internship, unless you are 100% sure you are able to support yourself during this internship period. For more information and applying, please have a thorough look over here.
Once you have figured out if and how you can apply for Erasmus+ financing, please fill in the application form via the button below. Make sure to select the ‘Computer Science Erasmus+ Internship’ position.